Aims and Scope
Limnology and Oceanography: Methods will consider any manuscript whose primary focus is methodological and that deals with problems in the aquatic sciences. The journal is not intended as a vehicle for publishing original research that only incidentally employs new methods, and manuscripts that are not focused on methods will not be accepted.
At any given time, some areas of the aquatic sciences will be advancing rapidly in methods development while others rely on a suite of established techniques. If the journal has a large number of articles in a particular topical area one year, it is because that area is in the midst of a methodological revolution. However, the areas of greatest methods development shift constantly, and a methods journal must respond accordingly. We intend to let the field define the content of the journal, rather than attempting to force an unnatural balance among the various aquatic sciences disciplines. The journal will continually evolve and will remain responsive to the changing needs of the community.
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Aqualine Abstracts (ProQuest)
- ASFA: Aquatic Sciences & Fisheries Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Biological Sciences (ProQuest)
- CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (ACS)
- CSA Algology Mycology & Protozoology Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CSA Entomology Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Ecology Abstracts (ProQuest)
- GeoRef (AGI)
- Meteorological & Geoastrophysical Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Oceanic Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Water Resources Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)
- Zoological Record (Thomson Reuters)
Log in for Access
Log in for access to all ASLO journal content if you are an ASLO member.
to ASLO.org for access) (Note: you will be redirected
- ASLO statement on EPA's censorship of scientists
- ASLO Announces 2017 Global Outreach Initiative Award Winners
- Congratulations to the winners of the 2017 ASLO Photo Contest!
- ASLO joins aquatic societies in opposing repeat of Waters of the United States (WOTUS) rule
- Announcing the 2019 L&O Special Issue "Long-term perspectives in aquatic research"