Aims and Scope
L&O:F&E published interdisciplinary papers that relate fluid dynamics and transport properties to biological, chemical, and geological processes that occur in aquatic/ aqueous environments. The journal encouraged manuscripts treating research in any aspect of limnology and oceanography where advection and/or diffusion or the mechanics of the medium drive biological, chemical, or geological processes from molecular to global scales. It recognized a variety of approaches, including modeling, theory, and empiricism. It focused on transport Phenomena and their environmental implications, from large-scale currents to organism-induced motions and molecular-level transfers. The interactions of physics with biology, chemistry, or geology, or any combination of these are essential to L&O:F&E papers and define the uniqueness of the journal.
Log in for Access
Log in for access to all ASLO journal content if you are an ASLO member.
to ASLO.org for access) (Note: you will be redirected
Editor Selections not active for this title
- Announcing the 2017 Limnology and Oceanography Special Issue
- ASLO is now accepting applications for the 2016 ASLO Global Outreach Initiative
- 2016 ASLO Award Recipients
- Chris Filstrup to serve as Deputy Editor for Limnology & Oceanography Bulletin
- A Tribute to Raelyn Cole, long-time L&O Managing Editor
- Announcing the Raelyn Cole Editorial Fellowship Fund