Aims and Scope
L&O:F&E published interdisciplinary papers that relate fluid dynamics and transport properties to biological, chemical, and geological processes that occur in aquatic/ aqueous environments. The journal encouraged manuscripts treating research in any aspect of limnology and oceanography where advection and/or diffusion or the mechanics of the medium drive biological, chemical, or geological processes from molecular to global scales. It recognized a variety of approaches, including modeling, theory, and empiricism. It focused on transport Phenomena and their environmental implications, from large-scale currents to organism-induced motions and molecular-level transfers. The interactions of physics with biology, chemistry, or geology, or any combination of these are essential to L&O:F&E papers and define the uniqueness of the journal.
Log in for Access
Log in for access to all ASLO journal content if you are an ASLO member.
to ASLO.org for access) (Note: you will be redirected
Editor Selections not active for this title
- ASLO 2017 Photo Contest is now live!
- ASLO joins aquatic societies in opposing repeat of Waters of the United States (WOTUS) rule
- Announcing the 2019 L&O Special Issue "Long-term perspectives in aquatic research"
- Funding available for 2017 ASLO Global Outreach Initiative
- ASLO and CASS write Congress in support of science funding
- 2017 Award and Plenary Presentation Videos Are Online